Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Perfect Timing

I FINALLY found end tables and a coffee table for the living room.  I've searched out Salvation Army several times and have been checking Craigslist daily.  I could not find anything under $100!  Finally I found someone who was moving and was desperate to get rid of their set.  So I got 3 huge pieces for $30. 


We are in the process of painting the dinged up wood a nice ivory color.  Each piece has a glass top and I've been brainstorming ideas for what I could do to jazz up the tops.  Today I was checking All Things Thrifty and Brooke just happened to post a tutorial on etching glass.  What perfect timing!



I love this idea, however I'm a little nervous to do something so permanent when I plan on reselling the items at the end of the summer.  I have a few other ideas I'm mulling in my head, but would love other suggestions if anyone has any!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen decals that you can stick on that look like etching. I've only seen small ones that people have put on wine glasses but i'm sure they sell bigger ones somewhere.

That would be easy to remove (hopefully) before reselling!

Ashley Antkowiak said...

You could also do a reverse effect by covering the underside of the glass in contact paper, then use an exacto to cut out a design. I've sen it done before but can't remember where.

Sarah said...

using the same idea with cool wall paper could work too!